The CIRRIS' mission is to contribute to the development and to the diffusion of knowledge in the field of adaptation, readaptation and of the support to social integration. The main objective of its reseach activities is to study the personal determinants (disabilities and deficiences) and the environmental determinants (obstacles and facilitating factors) that influence the social integration of people with physical disabilities. Through the diffusion of its members' knowledge and expertise and its proximity to the medical community the CIRRIS has been able to participate in the development of evidence-based practices.
| Research areas || Research themes |
Environmental determinants and social participation
- Programs, services and politics
- Social environment, life and occupational environment
- Community and rights organizations
- Physical and technological environments
- Documentation and explanatory factors of social participation
- Development and validation of measurement tools
Personal factors and their determinants
- Risks and disabilities
- Characterization and explanatory mechanisms of disabilities
- Characterization and study of relations between incapacities and disabilities
- Intervention development and evaluation
- Development and validation of measurement instruments
*The mission comes from the centre's website.