Promoting the development, acquisition and dissemination of knowledge in the fields of cardiology, respirology, and obesity in order to control the progression of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases.
The Research Centre also has the mission of creating the best possible environment for the training of students and highly qualified personnel in biomedical research.
| Research areas || Research themes |
- Cardiac electrophysiology and arrhythmia therapy
- Coronary disease: pathophysiology, diagnostic and therapy
- Metabolic cardiology: prevention, cardiometabolic risk and cardiac rehabilitation
- Valvular heart diseases: pathophysiology, diagnostic and treatment
Obesity / metabolism
- Regulation of energy expenditure: central and peripheral mechanisms
- Adipose tissue biology
- Tissue and cell metabolism of energy: molecular aspects of endocrinology
- Complications and etiology of massive obesity and impact of bariatric surgery
- Visceral obesity and cardiovascular and respiratory disease
- Respiratory sleep disorders : mechanisms, therapy and cardiometabolic risk
- Asthma: pathophysiology and intervention
- Aerobiology and respiratory health
- Chronic pulmonary diseases: pathophysiology, muscle and exercise intolerance
- Pulmonary oncology
*The mission comes from the centre's website.